Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day Thirty-Eight, Escape part five

It hurts, but I can run short distances. Praise the Light for healers, may they never find my secret stash of healing potions and remain smugly satisfied. I'd hate to have them find out my rapid recovery was not entirely their doing. I expect the long term stuff will definitely be on account of their efforts though. I've made sure to take a few names down for Winter's veil cards. Jesessa agreed to get me released a day early, so long as I delivered a report to the Argent post in Dalaran. So I should be heading out tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing the city again.

I hate to say it, but I think I might sell Thadsbrook. I doubt I'll need the money, but someone else might. Not like it's useful for anything, and Dad did always say that it wasn't the land you owned but the land you protected that was yours. I'll let someone who can protect it own it, and I'll use the money to help protect somewhere else.

And here's part five of my escape.




She set to her task with haste, with little more than a basic mortar and pestle and a few second-rate vials she bottled the brew and drank the rest. It wasn't much, but it would supress the plague long enough for her to get to safety. Natame had returned on his raptor, A powerful red female he called Ta'la. She was fast, and strong enough to carry them both through the forests of Silverpine. But the ride was bouncy and they were forced to stop several times. It would have been bad enough just from the bouncing, but without a more sophisticated remedy the plague was entering stage three. She knew that it was incurable at this point. But if she could make it to Southshore and the small market there she could brew a more potent solution and delay it for several more weeks. Natame stopped on the road headed east at the crossroads. They both knew a troll would never be accepted in Southshore.

"I can take 'choo no furder. 'Choo gonna die soon, 'ta'int right to exact payment from da dyin."

"Thank you, I'll never forget what you've done."
The troll sauntered back to his raptor and road off to the north, towards Tarren Mill. Laudren downed another one of her makeshift potions and went south, to Southshore. She had escaped. But she carried now the bonds of undeath, and from them there was no freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment