Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day Sixty

Whew, that took a while.



Tottally worth it though, who'd have known that furniture was one of the things Orcs are good at. I mean, this is seriously good furniture. The carving on the footboard is so intricate, I can actually see expressions on some of the Dwarves' faces. And the chairs are comfortable enough I actually fell asleep in one, and yet they were sturdy enough to survive a the Ogre they had doing the loading tripping over them. I thought for sure they'd be crushed but somehow they made it; although I'd bet the end table broke the fall a bit. Bit of a shame about the end table actually, I got a refund though. I'd have really prefered to have the end table. The furniture is lovely though; and now that all the paint is done the place is too. I did mostly gray, some dull greens and muted blues in the rooms. The downstairs is still vacant, but I managed to hire a maid to take care of things. Good rate too, she was happy to get the job at all.

Illena, former Argent. She got wounded in Icecrown a few months back and can't fight anymore. For forty silver a day and lodgings she'll be dusting and sweeping the whole building. It's not spectacular pay, but seeing as it comes with a free room and amenities it's actually a fairly amazing deal. I actually let her name her own price; least I could do for a vet.
I'd be worried about being taken advantage of, but I've got three tenants moving in next week. Housing market here in Dalaran is seller-controlled. I'm not scalping them by any means, but I'm making some good money. I've got another five rooms available, plus the shop downstairs. Amenities are all magic based, so I pay coppers a day for the whole building. This may well be the best thing that's happened to me since last time I went to Dalaran.

And on top of it all I sold the deed to most of Thadsbrook. It's a wierd feeling; knowing that you've just given up most of your family's physical heritage for several million gold.
Oh yea, Goblin's say they have a major buyer lined up for any land in the Andorhal area. I actually made double the value of the land, acording to last survey anyways. And I know the agricultural output of the of the land, annually, wouldn't equal the price within my lifetime. And I don't even know how long that lifetime is going to be. Can't imagine who'd want it; other than Ehrnren nobody would even give the place a second thought to my knowledge. Must be something political.


Regardless, I'm glad to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment