Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day Thirty-Six, Escape part three

Walking with aid.
I read their report, I felt like they described my condition best. The bone is set, and it's healing nicely. It's just not strong enough yet for travel.
I find myself wondering if Ehrnren could have done this faster. Between my surgical and Alchemical expertise and her grasp of magical healing, we were an unstoppable force for medical good in Lordaeron. Once I set this she probably could have had my skin mended and my muscles knit back together before the first day was finished. I've yet to meet her equal as a healer. I wonder if she's still healing behind the Greymane wall.

Anyways, here's part three of my escape.

The door wasn't so much pulled open or swung open as it was disassembled in a manner preventing it from doing its purpose. And somehow the middle aged troll managed to do it in complete silence and without breaking anything. As Laudren stepped into the corridor she saw him replacing each of the parts in the lock and hinges. From the looks of it, the door was actually more secure now than it was when he opened it.
"So what's your plan?"
"'Choo gonna be quiet and put dis cloak on. Ol' Natame do da talkin."
"What about the guards?"
"'Choo gonna be quiet? 'Choo ask for Natame to get 'choo out, he gonna get 'choo out. 'Choo be quiet, let him do da talkin."

He certainly sounded like an expert, or at least very confident. And his behavior reflected that. His casual walk and meandering path through the undercity seemed too calculated to be ordinary. The way he greeted passing Forsaken was rude enough to seem realistic, but not passionate enough to be a true hatred. He even stopped and bought food and supplies, saying he was taking a long trip rather than admitting he was buying food for two(She hoped). If he wasn't an expert, it was only for lack of interest.
They'd made it to the lift before anyone stopped them.

"What are you doing with her? She's a prisoner of the Undercity and not permitted to use the lifts."
Rather than some clever or well thought out response she simply watched her guide decapitate the deathguard in full view of the mid-day shopping crowds.
"Dat's what da warchief does to spies of da Lich King." He spat in the guard's milky eye.
The crowds quickly began gathering around the corpse and Natame ushered her back down to the sewers in the commotion.
"What are we doing back down here?"
"Did I tell ya 'choo could be talkin yet? Ol' Natame changed da plan, we go dis way now."
"What if there's more guards? They could have locked down the city?"
"Dere 'choo go talkin again."
He walked up to one of the grates on the side of the pipes and pulled it off.
"Get in. Dis tube be takin us to da sout side o'da city. Den we talk 'bout my pay."
"Thanks"
"'Choo don' get out much do ya? Ya may not be tankin' Ol' Natame so much when I name 'choo payment."

No comments:

Post a Comment