Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day Thirty-Two

Regained consciousness early yesterday, regained dexterity about an hour ago; Memory is fully intact though. A lot of people would be amnesic after a beating like that. This is just one of those times I'm all the more confident in the Light's guidance.

Oh right, the attack itself. For a defeated enemy the scourge are still very active. A drove of Frost Wyrm's being ridden by Cultists assaulted the outpost. Jad's dead, so much wasted effort and time; once I'm walking again I've secured permission to go through his effects and carry word back to his family. I'll miss him, but such is life. Dozens of others share his fate, including some of the Argent Crusaders that had been helping here.
I managed to kill a few cultists before I went down myself. Someone caught me over the back of the head with a cudgel and apparently one of the Frost Wyrms landed on my left leg. I've got minor skull fractures, a concussion, and while I haven't bothered telling the healer yet my leg was in need of replacement anyways, my left leg feels like tapioca. Praise the Light for the dulled nerves inherent in this plague, they don't make pain killers strong enough for this sort of stuff. My equipment is intact though. The outbuilding I'd been using didn't take much damage and we've had no need of it since the attack.

Another upside to this whole business is that its given me a chance to talk to some of the Crusaders. Most of the ones here are Elves, but I've had the unique pleasure of being under the care of this detachment's only living human member, lad by the name of Joseph. He's Lordaeronian by birth but was only 12 when the plague started. His family sent him to stay with an Aunt in Kul Tiras so he'd be safe. He ended up going back when he turned sixteen and joined up with the Argent Dawn, been fighting the Good Fight since. Hearing him talk about what Lord Tyrosious and Highlord Fordring have been doing, not just for Lordaeron but for all Azeroth, has struck somewhat of a good nerve. If I survive Northrend long enough to make it home, I think I'll offer Maxwell my services as a true apothecary. Healers are all well and good, but for some things you need a real medical professional. In any case, it'll be nice to spend time around living people who don't want me dead for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment