Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day Twenty-Nine

Dragonfires burn everything. Twisted metal, scorched bone, even the saronite steps of the gate were shattered under the heat.
But they're Reds; out of every crack and crevasse comes life. Flowers of a thousand unnamed varieties, moss on the rocks, and I could have sworn that was a black lotus growing on the gate itself. Oh the things I could learn spending just a week with them in a time of peace; their herbalists must be unparalleled.

Anyways, I found what I was looking for. It's a paladin's hammer, Lightforged by the finest smiths of Ironforge and blessed by the Archbishop himself. I'm afraid any power it may have had was burned away by the Dragons. I'll have to have it reforged, it'll take a powerful smith to remake the weapon.
And remaking it is only the beginning; It'll need to be blessed by one favored by the Light. I'll need to have it inscribed with certain runes, so as to bind it to my faith and my strength. And lastly I'll need to gain the strength to wield it. Of all the tasks the last will likely be hardest. But I am resolved to see it to the finish.

Light guide me in this undertaking. May its power strengthen me and its protection rest on my quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment