Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day Twenty-One

Jad speaks Amani, fluently. Boy am I glad Dad put it on the curriculum. I can understand most of what he says, and usually manage to properly enunciate properly. More amusing still, he reads and writes common. Shouldn't surprise me I suppose, most of the books in Dalaran are in common. It'd be hard to find a mage who doesn't; a good one anyways.

I walked into a tree when he spoke. Kind of silly, but it just came out of nowhere. Here we are, walking through the light springtime snow, when out of the blue I hear this voice say 'Hey dead lady, can you wait a second? I need to go drain the lizard.'.
We got to talking afterwards. He's a Revantusk, from the East coast of the Hinterlands. I've actually visited the area for the RAS; lovely region, nice people. Good fishing I'm told. Apparently he learned magic from some Elven spell books stolen from a local ranger outpost(farstriders or whatever they call themselves). Reading them with the help of one of the tribe's more educated members, and learning how to read them for himself, he worked to harness the Elven powers to serve his tribe. Considering his strength, he probably could have served them just fine without magic. After the Revantusk joined the Horde he chose to serve with Thrall's Kor'Kron. Sometime around when Garrosh started gaining power and influence they stopped taking Trolls. He left in protest and has been training since.
He's very nice otherwise though. I can sympathize with his loyalty to his people, and you have to give him credit for choosing to learn magic when he could have made it just fine as a hunter or a warrior. Were he somewhat more religious he'd have made a great Shaman or Paladin. He's very much the sort of noble, if somewhat rash, troll that Dad always told me must exist somewhere.

Shame I never seem to meet any men like that of my own race. I could have died happy and pregnant instead of six years late and a virgin. Alas, such is not my fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment