Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day Eighteen, Northrend..Visit now I suppose.

I got a letter last night, urgent courier. How he kept his wyvern from being stolen by a taunka I don't know.

Apparently the RAS, despite constant Kor'Kron overseeing, is privately disowning any apothecaries working on non-plague projects. I've just finished writing my resignation.
I joined to help people, not to make their skin boil from within and then leave their traumatized souls bound to their rattling bones. I was willing to help when undeath could be considered a service to Lordaeron, but it's become increasingly clear that this is just about cruelty to our fellow, if rather more alive, man and the domination of others. I can not in good conscience condone such acts. Once it gets through, I'm going to be paying for inns and I'm going to need a new source of income.
I've got some money stashed in my apartment in Dalaran, and I'd made arrangements for my rent to be payed automatically. Unless they've changed the locks I should be set, if I can ever get there.

Jad'Ali still won't talk to me, although It looks like he is the mage I wrote for. I've taken the liberty of writing to the Kirin Tor to ask them more about him. They haven't gotten back to me yet, but with any luck they'll be able to tell me enough for me to formulate a strategy for making him talk. I've been trying a few more universal means of expressing my good will, strengthening his spirit, empowering his constitution. Burning votive candles and praying for him seems to be having the reverse affect, I'd guess he's had interactions with the Scarlet heresy; or maybe trolls just don't like the idea of human religion, associate it with dangerous paladins and priests whipping their flock into a troll hunting frenzy. I think when I try it tomorrow I'll go with incense burners and the sacrifice of a local rabbit, that seems like a more culturally sensitive way of conveying the same point.


I hear that Putress declared once 'Death to the scourge! and Death to the Living!', I'd just like to say, 'Damn the Kor'Kron, and Damn the Dark Lady', the two of them have done more to undermine my efforts to help Lordaeron than anything else. If ever the chance arises, I'll make that ranger-harlot pay for dragging the whole kingdom into her selfish quest for power. We could live by now if it weren't for her insatiable lust for destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment