Sunday, May 23, 2010

Night Twenty-Two

I just had a dream.

Dad always said that I should keep records of any dreams that stood out. With as little sleep as I normally get having dreams at all is rare, much less one of a striking nature.
I'll admit that the problem is further compounded by my past overuse of Dreamless sleep potions. I always make sure to warn younger alchemists of the dangers of overusing dreamless sleep potions; I just wish someone had mentioned it to me when I was younger. So much perfectly good dreaming lost forever.

Anyways, I dreamt of wolves. A little girl was sitting in a pen with nothing but the shadows to garb her, and the wolves were howling from all sides, and also from within the pen. And she was staring at me, crying for me to help. But I couldn't get into the pen.
Then the earth shook and there was fire all around us, and the pen was torn asunder. But when I went to put my cloak around the girl and comfort her I found instead a wolf greater and fiercer than the others. And as the wolf-girl pounced I woke.



I think Ehrnren is in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment