Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day Twenty-Five

He's cursed. It's an old one too. I've had to consult a grimorie to identify it. It's what's called a 'curse of wounds'; he can't recover from wounds on his own, no matter how long he rests. I've begun a regimen of poultice-soaked bandages. This just keeps getting worse.
I'd prepare a purification potion, but I can't afford the month it would take to ferment properly. I kinda hope someone in Dalaran knows how to dispel curses, because despite what many apothecaries will tell you purification potions only rarely work properly on curses.

Of equal importance is how he got cursed in the first place. Normally I'd say he had an extended run in with a warlock or a necromancer, but the curse just doesn't have that sort of feel to it. I think this may be a rather recent issue, particularly since he seems to have been unaware of it. I'd wager, seeing as none of the Taunka or Kor'kron had the magical capacity to place such a curse so easily undetectable, that this was the work of someone in Dalaran. I haven't badgered him over who might want him to suffer like this, but I might have too.



Oh, and I had that dream again last night. There was blood on her hands this time. I'm going to be cutting my stay in Dalaran short so I can return home. Even if I can't hope to help her from this side of the wall, I can at least have the crypt cleaned and readied for her return.

No comments:

Post a Comment