Friday, May 21, 2010

Day Twenty

He was packed. I'm a little surprised. I'd been expecting him to need at least an extra hour or so. Can't say the idea of marching across a Dragon's graveyard in nothing but a robe appeals to me, especially this early in the season. I went ahead and picked up some furs from a Kalu'ak trader who'd come north. Maybe that thin coat of fur he's got will keep him warm, but my bones are chilled in this wretched continent.

We left early, just after sunrise. I payed for our rooms, they overcharged me. A small crowd gathered to jeer us off. I suspect that the patches of ice on my robe were originally spit. Jad must have some fight in him still, I had to keep him from attacking one of the louder Orcs.

We've been travelling North along the forested foothills that separate Lake Wintergrasp from the Dragonblight. I found a nice cave here, and am taking the watch while he rests. He's not actually asleep yet, I think he might be spying on me. It's been a long time since I shared quarters with anyone. I have to say, while he smells worse Jad is much quieter than Ehrnsie was. Although they do seem to share a preferred state of dress. I don't really know much about troll sleeping habits, but I'd really rather not be faced with..that..anytime he stands up.

And on that disturbing thought, I lay you aside to check my traps. I expect something has stumbled upon one by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment