Friday, June 4, 2010

Day Thirty-Four, Escape part one

They set my leg wrong. I waited until after they left to be polite before setting it properly. The Argents are well meaning enough, and very devoted, but they simply don't have the medical personnel available to do things properly. I've asked if they're recruiting; apparently they're always recruiting. I take that to mean I'm asking the wrong person. I've written to Light's Hope to see if anyone there has the answer I need.

Anyways, here's today's tale from Thadsbrook keep. I've copied out a more personal story this time; my escape from the Undercity.

"I'm sorry Laudren, this is from the higher-ups. I can't do anything about it."
"I've lived in that room for years, and now suddenly I'm being put in a cage? I'm not a prisoner here."
"News to me warm-blood; don't make this any harder than it has to be."
An outrage, she'd stuck around to try and cure undeath. It was a fool's errand, but she couldn't simply give up hope. After all, nothing is impossible through the Light. She'd put up with inflicting undeath, she told herself it was just to keep Lordaeron one kingdom. She'd put up with the abominations, welcomed them actually it was nice showing those enchanters that they weren't the only ones who could craft a golem. She'd even put up with the testing, the constant needles and the almost certainly related cough she'd developed. But she'd done it all as a fellow Apothecary working to help her kingdom, to suddenly be informed that she was a prisoner.
It was time to leave. Maybe she could find some remnant of the kingdom and tell them what was happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment