Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The hundredth day

Gidge is really sick. The healers are at their wits end trying to figure out what to do. They're just medics, not one of them has any idea what's wrong with her.

I'm worried. She's been a friend since we were lit..young. Now that Mattie's gone she's best friend I have. I told her I'd do anything I could to keep her alive, and I meant it. But this isn't just a ghoul or a val'kyr, it's even more terrifying than an abomination. It's disease, and there's nothing I can do to stop it. All I can do is watch her die.



Laudren's fine, I probably ought to mention her since this is her journal anyways. She's back up on deck, I don't know how well undead senses work but she seems to enjoy the view at the very least. Probably nice after years spent in dank sewer cells and secret alchemy labs. I imagine just having sunlight at all is a nice change. She only comes up for a few minutes at a time, spends most of her time in her cabin experimenting with herbs to create potions and elixirs in order to..cure.
She's an apothecary, she must know a thing or two about diseases. And she was working as surgeon, not a medic. I bet she has formal training and medical expertise and she has who knows how much herbalistic skill. She can help Gidge, I'm sure she can!

No comments:

Post a Comment